Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Good Time With Family and Friends

My birthday weekend was a great one. I had a lot of fun with family and friends!

Friday Mackenzie, Cameron and I spent most of the day with Marty's mom Shelly and step dad Jeff at their garage sale. I took my Mary Kay stuff to try and get new customers and get my name out to people. However, that turned out to be a bust. Anyone who showed any interest in any of it thought I was quitting Mary Kay and was selling stuff at a discounted price. They also all already had consultants. Boo. Although, we did make $18 for the entire weekend on kids clothes, maternity clothes and a baby bath! Friday evening the kids and I made it out to South Haven and had cheese burgers on the grill with dad, Carol, Courtney and Taylor. Danielle was still at band camp.

Saturday we all woke up early and had coffee cake for breakfast, which Mackenzie loved and wanted more all day. Courtney and I took Taylor, Mackenzie and Cameron down to the beach to later be joined by dad.


Later that day, Marty made his way out to South Haven! When he got there I got my birthday gifts since it was my birthday! Marty got me a nook color for my birthday, the only thing I asked for!
Finally, Marty and I got ready and headed back to Kalamazoo. We met up with April and Tim to go to dinner at Sushiya and get an ice cream cake for dessert from Cold Stone Creamery!
We all made it back to South Haven and shared my birthday cake and spent the evening with family.

Sunday we tried to get family pictures with me, Marty, Mackenzie and Cameron and also Cameron's 3 month pictures. The attempt failed miserably. Neither kid wanted to cooperate! However, we did get a couple with all 4 of us and ton of pictures of Mackenzie playing.











Overall, it turned out to be one of the best birthday weekends I could have asked for! Good food, family and friends, and the beach!

2 comments:

  1. glad you had fun!! let me know how you like your nook! the pics looks like your babies had a lot of fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the family picture, at Mackenzie's age it would be hard to capture her for more than a few seconds for a picture! Sounds like a great weekend! MO

    ReplyDelete