Monday, August 8, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

Have you ever had a great friend, then life happened and you stopped talking to them and seeing them? Life has happened quite a bit for me. I had 4 really good friends through school and even after, then, like I said, life happens.

Holly was a best friend of mine. I spent a ton of time with her. I stayed at her house most weekends that I wasn't at my dads. We did everything together. She graduated a year before I did so she would pick me up in the morning, on her way home from work and take me to school my senior year, since she lived right down the road. She would also pick me up after school, and we would hang out and do whatever until my 10 p.m. school night curfew. On the weekends we would be with each other the entire time. When I graduated and got a job, we were both working, so we had less free time at the same time, but we were still really close. Then one day we just stopped talking. For 2 years. Then she seen me going for a walk with Marty and pulled over. That night, Marty went to work, and we didn't have kids, so I went and stayed with her til about 2 a.m. I was there all the time, again. I babysat her daughter for her so she could get a few hours of sleep everyday. When she quit her job, I stopped babysitting, and was going to school but we still spent a lot of time together. Then, around Christmas time, 2010, we lost touch again. I still haven't seen her or spoke to her. I'm sure we'll get together soon.

Amanda was my first friend that lasted the longest. We met when my mom was building the house I grew up in, I was 4. She lived across the street so of course, we were always playing and spending the night and everything. As we got older, the things we did changed and the people who were with us changed, but it was always Amanda and I. When I got my first job and had my own bills to pay, our schedules never matched up so we didn't see each other. We still see each other at special occasions; weddings, funerals, bachelorette parties, in home parties, etc. But not on a regular basis.

I met Teresa in middle school. We were friends from the very beginning. She used to come over in the mornings before school and get on the bus with me. She also stayed the weekends with me. As we got older, we spent weekends together and everything. She even moved in with me for a month. Yet again, when I got that first job, I was always working and we grew apart. We still see each other at weddings and parties and funerals, etc. but that's about it now.

Finally, Ashley. I met Ashley in middle and we never liked each other. Then sophomore year of high school we started talking and realized we really did like each other. She was always at my house. Then she started dating my brother and it was great. We were always hanging out together! For some reason, we just stopped talking. We didn't talk for a couple years. Then I seen her yesterday at my moms. She has moved in there for a while. I talked to her for a couple hours just catching up. It's so nice being able to catch up with someone who used to be your best friend. I'm supposed to see her again today and I really can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment