Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Quarter of a Century

Okay, so my birthday's coming up in a week and 2 days!!! Heck yea, I love birthdays, who doesn't? I'm going to be 25 this year. I know that's not ancient, but still. I've been alive for a quarter century.

Last year when Marty turned 25 I made fun of him because, "Haha, you're a quarter century old!!! Don't you feel old? Hahaha!" That's hilarious. And to top it all off he's has a premature receding hair line and a few stray gray hairs. But now, it's my turn and it's not any fun when it's happening to you.

I've just been thinking to myself, this is where it all goes down hill. Just think about it...
 Birth-24 years: The skin on the face if wrinkle free!!!
25 years: The first wrinkles appear on the forehead and under the eyes. Laugh lines become apparent.
30 years: "Crow's feet" develop at the corners of the eyes
40 years: Permanent wrinkles begin to appear in the area from the ears to the neck
50 years: Wrinkles appear around the nose, ear lobes, and chin. The skin is noticeably drier
55 years: Folds form at the nape of the neck and mostly on the areas exposed to sunlight. Hyper-pigmentation of discoloration begins
60 years: Wrinkles around the mouth deepen and the cheeks begin to sag
70 years: Wrinkles begin to overlap, forming a crisscrossing net of creases. Pigmentation is quite evident now

And that's only things on your face. I'm not even going to mention what happens below your neck and how far south that stuff begins to go...especially after kids.

Oh well, nothing I can do about. So I'm going to put on my big girl panties and just deal with it!

I'M A QUARTER CENTURY OLD, A GREAT REASON TO CELEBRATE!!!

Love!!!

1 comment:

  1. yay for birthdays! loved reading about Mackensie and Cameron :)

    ReplyDelete