Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Medical update

For the last year I've been seeing an urologist and a nephrologist for CKD and chronic infections. I have been referred to an urologist at the University of Michigan for a second opinion. Today was my first appointment.

First, the office the dr is in is pretty comfortable to be in and the staff, for the most part, is helpful and friendly. And the dr is very nice, explains things that need to be explained and wants to take everything slow. He is trying to go the least invasive route if possible. The dr wants to do a couple tests to begin and go from there. I go back in 3 weeks for a test that checks the amount of pressure my bladder uses (is that the right word? I don't know but I'm using it) when I urinate. He wants to do another test to check the function of each kidney, but I am not able to get on the schedule until August so I don't know if we will do that one or not. Once we get the results for the first test we will know more about the plan of action from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment