Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas!

We had such a busy Christmas weekend and week.

Saturday started the busyness with a friends wedding rehearsal and dinner. It was enjoyable and we had some good food. After the rehearsal, Marty and I visited a friends house for a bit then finished our Christmas shopping for the kids. Sunday Marty met up with the groom and other groomsmen at 11:00. I, on the other hand, picked up the kids from my moms, took them to Courtney's, in Albion, and had to make it back downtown Kalamazoo by 3:30 for the wedding. I made it on time, with a little extra time to stop and get a coffee. It was a beautiful wedding and Christmas theme.

I started Christmas Eve very early because I had to work. There was a mad dash to get those last minute gifts delivered. After work I got the last minute home made presents finished and Mackenzie and I got Santas cookies made. Christmas Eve night we always go to dads, have dinner and presents. There was some good company. Carols brother Doug, Leslie and Doug's son Jimmy were all there. We were spoiled and the kids even more so.

Christmas morning we got up (not earlier than usual). Marty's mom came over to open presents with the kids. There were so many presents under our tree. I don't think we've ever had so many. And of course most of them were for the kids. Christmas lunch was with my moms family. It was very uneventful and quite enjoyable. Christmas dinner we went to Doug and Leslie's. that was a great dinner and very relaxing.

Wednesday was another work day. We went to dads after dinner to drop the kids off. They watched them so I could work Thursday morning. Aunt Jo also made it to town so we did presents with her. We got a Belgian waffle maker and an assortment of syrups. Once we go grocery shopping I will be picking up ingredients to make waffles.

Friday we had a family dinner at dads since Aunt Jo was here. And of course Christmas with the rest of the family. That night I also began getting really sick.

Saturday was a day of work and sleep the entire time I was home. Hopefully this goes away very soon because our Christmas still isn't over.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and as we did last year, we're spending it at home. We're getting really bad for you, good food for our dinner and celebrating with the kids. At midnight we're celebrating just Marty and me.

New Year's Day we are having dinner and Christmas at Marty's moms house. As long as the weather is decent. Last year we had a big winter storm and it took us an hour to get home when it usually takes 25 minutes.

I hope you had a merry Christmas and have a great new year!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment