Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Festivities

There are so many things coming up for us in the next few days. A wedding and all of the normal Christmas things we do.

Monday we took the kids to see Santa. He was at the mall but Mackenzie called it the North Pole, so I went with it. They have a new Santa this year. However, I think he may be better than the other one. Cameron and I got there early so we went by Santa to get him acclimated. There was no one waiting so Santa talked to him, and played around with him. Cameron even got to ring the sleigh bells! He is such a good Santa!

We've been making Christmas cookies and gifts for going on 3 weeks and we're finally almost finished. There will be a run down of the gifts we made after Christmas, I don't want to ruin the surprise from someone reading the blog :)

I plan on making an over night crock pot meal for breakfast Christmas morning. I've never made on but it looks really good and sounds pretty easy to put together.

We have a few gifts under the tree sent from out of state. Aunt Melody and Uncle Curtis sent each kid a gift bag full of presents. Mackenzie's bag talks if you get too close. "No peeking! You'll ruin the surprise!" It's a big hit with these 2 kids here!

Mackenzie's last dance class is tomorrow until January. And I have to finish my Christmas shopping for the kids this weekend. Saturday I have to work, take the kids to my moms and meet Marty at a rehearsal dinner for this wedding he's in. Sunday we're picking up the kids from my moms, taking them to Courtney's and going to the wedding. Monday I have to work again. Pick the kids up from dads once Courtney gets there, finish making gifts with the kids then go back to dads for the Christmas Eve party. Tuesday is Christmas!!!! We're having Christmas at home, going to try to make it to church, be at my moms at 1, then go to Doug's for dinner. Ill be ready for a long day of doing nothing after Christmas. However, I work everyday of the week after Christmas.

Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment