Friday, February 24, 2012

Apraxia Walk!

Recently, I've been doing more research on childhood apraxia of speech, just to find out more about it. There's a lot of information on a website, www.apraxia-kids.org. It's really a great website. I've always seen that they have walks to raise money for research. I would have never thought there was one so close to home. It's pretty much right in our back yard. The walk starts about 4 blocks from our house and goes around town. Of course, every year the kids and I do the Susan G. Komen Race 4 the Cure in Kalamazoo, so since this was so close, we couldn't not walk.

Today I signed up the whole family, which includes Marty! He doesn't do the race for the cure but decided to join us for the apraxia walk! Go dad!!!

The SW Michigan apraxia walk was actually started by the grandmother of one of the kids that was in Mackenzie's play group. I say was, because you can only be part of early on until you're 3. If you still qualify for therapy you go to preschool. I thought that was very interesting, to actually know the coordinator. The family is also sponsoring a fund raising event on March 10th at Applebee's here in Plainwell. All you can eat pancake breakfast, $5 per person. So of course, we'll be attending that. The walk isn't actually until June 23rd.






I'm pretty excited for it, it should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment