Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!!!

I've found, as kids get older they have a lot more activities for any holiday. We started the week off normal, by Thursday we were so busy and the kids were exhausted every night. Of course, "we aren't tired," came out of their mouths every night also.

Saturday there was the Halloween carnival at the school at church. I donated cupcakes for the cake walk. We took the kids for the trick or treat village, which they always love. I think the most exciting part for Cameron was seeing his teacher handing out candy. This year was also the first year the kids got to play games at the carnival. We always forget about that part and I finally remembered this time. They had a blast and got a ton of treats from the village.

Thursday Cameron had his Halloween party at school. They went trick or treating through the school. Mackenzie got to go and participate in everything as well. They had treats, decorated foam pumpkins, which has made their way into our Halloween decorations, and had stories and songs.

Friday was, of course, Halloween. Mackenzie had her school party. She told me if I came I better wear my costume. So I did.
Rosie the Riveter

The babysitter was able to take Cameron to his dance class for me so I could go to her school party. They had snacks, played games, stories, and had a parade through the school and office.
Ghost writing
And he ghost hands. Just some shaving cream!

Afterwards we came home, had lunch and naps. During this time it started to snow :/

Once it was time to get ready I had to shove the kids into their costumes because they already had their coats on. We also trick or treat with a couple of my friends and their kids. It makes it easier on all of us that there's 3 of us to wrangle the 4 kids. In the crowds downtown, it's very nice.

And we lit the pumpkins last night also.
Cameron's scary face

Mackenzie's unicorn


No comments:

Post a Comment