Wednesday, November 28, 2012

5 Years Later!

Sunday Marty and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary!!! Sometimes it feels like just yesterday we had our crazy, speedy wedding and other times it feels like a lot more than 5 years :) It really wasn't a day much different than any other day.

Courtney had an arbonne party at noon so I went to that. It's all natural face cleansers and cosmetics, plus a few supplements. However, I'm obviously a faithful user of Mary Kay and I'm not good with supplements on a regular basis, so I didn't end up getting anything. But I had a good time and was able to soften my feet in the foot soak they had.

Afterwards we too the kids to Marty's moms for the night. We were planning on having dinner at Clementines in south haven but by the time we dropped the kids off, we were too tired and hungry to drive all the way out there. We ended up trying out a new (to us) tap house. Neither of us drink much beer but we love places like that since they usually have really good food. And let's face it, Marty and I love food :) So we had our dinner at Central City Tap House in downtown kalamazoo. It was pretty good and I'd be willing to go back.

After dinner I made Marty suffer through walking in the Christmas lights with me. There's not a lot in Kalamazoo so that only killed about 10 minutes. We even made a trip to Walmart. Marty told me he wanted to get me some earrings and couldn't find them when he looked that morning. He found them. Detroit lions earrings and a watch :) I of course will be sporting them every Sunday. My husband knows me so well :)

No special occasion could be complete without work as well. After Walmart we had to get Marty's dad semi truck and loaded trailer. That probably would have made me mad but I've spent my "honeymoon", a birthday or two, and I can't tell you how many holidays in a semi in other states, so that's just normal for us.

For dessert we went to McDonalds. Marty got an eggnog shake and I had hit chocolate.

We were home by 9:30 and I was in bed by 10. This is what we did after 5 years, I can only imagine what 20 years will be :)









1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary! sounds like a lovely way to spend it to me:)

    ReplyDelete