Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dance class

Mackenzie is getting busy for being not even 3 yet. She goes to her therapy/school Tuesdays and Thursday's, but we've also added per-ballet/creative dance to her activities on Friday mornings. So far it's a 3 year old class since they don't have enough 2 year olds yet. However, she lives it. She's by far the smallest almost 3 year old in the class, which is why they want her with the 2 year olds. Last Friday was her first class. She danced/played for a half hour, and got to meet the owner of the dance studio. That's a big deal for the little ones. The owner is usually working with the dance team but the little kids teacher was sick. She had an absolute ball and was disappointed to be done after just 30 minutes. She was ready to go back as soon as we left! This dancing may be a big part of her activities. We'll see as she gets older.

Since she liked dance and wanted to continue, she needed her dance outfit. Mackenzie and Cameron spent Saturday night with my mom, so once I dropped them off I went on my way to find dance clothes. I was on the hunt for tights, a leotard, ballet slippers and a dance skirt or tutu. I was able to find them all at Meijer, so that was not to bad. However, I'm cheap. They had everything at Meijer, including a skirt. The leotard, slipper and tights were all a good price. The skirt, on the other hand, was quite a bit more than I was willing to spend at her age. Plus, I knew I could make one. Since, at this point, I knew I would be making the skirt, I decided to make her a tutu. I think they're cuter than skirts for 3 year olds. Her tutu cost me about $2.50 to make. Now that's a steal!

Tomorrow is Friday and she gets to go to her second dance class! She's is so excited and freaking out today when I told her she goes back tomorrow.

1 comment: