Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

I have always loved Easter for the actual meaning and celebrating the resurrection of Christ. This year I think it was even better because the kids are understanding the meaning as well. They even tried to get Marty to go to church yesterday to celebrate with us. It didn't work this year. We all had a great holiday anyways. 

Saturday we colored Easter eggs. And the kids loved it.


Cameron didn't want to take any pictures with the eggs. We only colored a dozen because we really won't eat that many and our bunny hides plastic eggs. Or else Buddy eats the hard boiled ones :/

Amazingly I woke up before everyone so I was able to see Mackenzie's face when she walked into the living room and found her basket for the first time. I'm horrible and didn't get any pictures of their baskets. 


They each got a coloring book and Easter story in their baskets. I like them to have the same basic stories so they can keep them and learn from them and possibly pass them on to their own kids. If not they're only $1.25 each so I can get more when the time comes. 


Cameron also got this in his basket. The bunny is around during the passion and hides in the cave because he's scared. He's too slow to get out before the stone is rolled in the way so he's stuck in the cave with Jesus for the 3 days. It gives a reason to have an "Easter Bunny." And it's a very cute story.

After baskets, the egg hunt at home and breakfast, the kids and I went to church. It is always a good service but I really like the Easter mass. Plus, everyone is really in their new Easter clothes and almost all men are in ties. That rarely happens at our church. 

We had dinner at Doug and Leslie's. Ham, cheesy potatoes, salad, quiech, baked beans, all the goodies. And Carol made some very yummy desserts!

They loved the Easter egg hunt with color coded eggs.

I look beautiful!

And a photobomb!!!

I hope you had a very happy Easter!!! And were able to spend time with The Lord and your families!!!

Happy Easter!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment