Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mary Kay Seminar 2013

A week ago I took at trip to Dallas, Texas for my very first Mary Kay seminar. This year is Mary Kay's 50th anniversary so it was extra special.

I left Detroit Metro airport at 6:55 am on Sunday and was in Dallas at 11:25, right on time.

Once I got there, I got my registration packet, with a ton of free products and my name tag. The name tag is as valuable as gold, gives you access to everything and if you lose it, costs you $50 to replace.

Sunday I went to the Mary Kay headquarters and the Mary Kay museum. That was all really cool!
The Mary Kay building
My friend and roommate, Cathy and I.
I had to take these truck pictures for Marty :)
Silver wings sculpture
Mary Kay's office

Later the first night they debuted the new directors 
And new National Sales Directors (national is one of the highest levels as a consultant in Mary Kay. Once you become a national you get lifetime benefits, life insurance, monthly commission even after you retire, etc.)

The next day was classes and constant dance parties. There was a lot of talk about confidence and how to help build your confidence. We had speeches from top sales directors for some information. One that really stuck out for me was the number 2 sales director. According to her, she has made it (and personally I think she has too). She had her first child when she was 14, her second at 17 and her third at 22. She had formal education up to 9th grade, then got her GED. She has never been to college. She makes commission (not including her 50% of her own sales) into 6 figures annually. That amazed me. 

The third day was my birthday!!! With more classes, recognition and dancing in the morning. That night was awards night, and a lot of fun!
It's an elegant affair with gowns and jewels! Our nationals in their gowns!
On the screen is Karen Piro, top national sales director
The one on the right is our Miss Go Give this year. This is Mary Kay's highest award to receive. To be miss go give means that you've given above and beyond to anyone, without expecting anything in return. This years miss go give donates and personally helps orphans all over the world. She spent almost 6 months of her personal time working with orphans and gave tens of thousands of dollars to organizations.
Justin Rivers from the Voice was the entertainment for awards night

The final day, we had just a short session. We recognized all of the Mary Kay spouses in attendance by having them walk across stage. There were hundreds there this year
And then a quick speech from Mary Kay's grandson Ryan Rogers

That's the end of seminar! It was very inspiring and a ton of fun! I can't wait to go back next year and walk across the stage myself!


















1 comment:

  1. My friends aunt, Julie weaver spoke there! She accepted the position as national sales director... Did you hear her?

    ReplyDelete